Central Wasatch Commission
Board Meeting Agenda
Monday, March 6th, 2023
3:30 p.m. - 4:35 p.m.
Millcreek City Hall
3330 S 1300 E
Notice is hereby given that the Central Wasatch Commission will hold a meeting at approximately 3:30 P.M., or soon thereafter, on Monday, March 6th, 2023. This meeting will occur both in-person and virtually via ZOOM. The anchor location is Millcreek City Hall. For those wishing to attend the meeting virtually, the public may register for the meeting through the following link. Once registered, meeting attendees will receive an email with a personal meeting access link and a call-in number for those whose only option is to call in.
The public may provide comments to the CWC during this meeting through Zoom or in-person in the Council Chambers at Millcreek City Hall. In-person attendees may fill out a comment card and online participants may either fill out the comment form at the link below or provide comment as a virtual meeting attendee via Zoom following instructions from the Chair. Written public comments received before commencement of the meeting will be either summarized or read into the record by the Chair or a designee. Such comments should be submitted via the following:
Please note: For in-person meeting attendees, masks are no longer required at Millcreek City Hall, but are welcome for any attendees who prefer to continue using them. We will continue to monitor the situation take any reasonable precautions for the public and staff.
Civility and decorum should be applied in all discussions and debate. Difficult questions, tough challenges to a point of view, and criticism of ideas and information are legitimate elements of a free democracy in action. Public officials and the public are encouraged to refrain
from making belligerent, personal, impertinent, slanderous, threatening, abusive, or disparaging comments.
3:30 P.M. Opening
1. Chair of the Board Christopher F. Robinson will open the CWC Board meeting.
2. (Action) The Board will consider approving the minutes of the CWC Board meeting from January 9th, 2023.
3:35 P.M. Action Items
1. Consideration of Resolution 2023-05 Approving and ratifying entry into an employment agreement with Ella Warnick.
2. Consideration of Resolution 2023-06 A resolution amending the CWC by-laws.
3:35 P.M. Fuels Mitigation Funding
1. United States Forest Service will provide a briefing to the CWC Board regarding recent federal funding for fuels mitigation in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache.
3:45 P.M CGI Report & 2022 Strategic Plan
1. CWC staff and Chair Robinson will provide and update to the 2022 CGI report and 2022 strategic plan.
2. Chair Robinson will recommend consolidating, closing-out, and carrying over any outstanding action items.
3:55 P.M. Stakeholders Council Update and Report
1. William McCarvill and Barbara Cameron will provide an update on the activities of the Stakeholders Council.
4:05 P.M. Committee Updates and Reports
1. The EBAC met on February13th, meeting minutes included in meeting materials.
Mayor Silvestrini will brief the board on recommended budget adjustments for FY 23/24.
Mayor Silvestrini will brief the board on work done to date and upcoming work for FY 24/25.
2. The Transportation Committee met on February 16th, meeting minutes included in meeting materials.
Commissioner Knopp and CWC staff will brief board on the results from the recent BCC MAP survey and Stakeholders Council BCC MAP engagement.
4:25 P.M. Public Comment
4:30 P.M. Commissioner Comment
4:35 P.M. Adjourn Board Meeting
1. Chair of the Board Christopher F. Robinson will close the CWC Board meeting.
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING:
At or before 3:30 p.m. on March 3rd, 2023, the undersigned hereby certifies that the above notice and agenda was:
1. Posted at the principal office of the Central Wasatch Commission located at 41 North Rio Grande Street, Ste. 102, Salt Lake City, UT;
2. Posted to the Utah Public Notice Website created under Utah Code Ann. 63F-1-701; and
3. Provided to The Salt Lake Tribune and/or Deseret News and/or to a local media correspondent.
The audio recording and transcript of the meeting will be posted for public review. Members of the Commission will/may participate electronically. Meetings may be closed for reasons allowed by statute.
Final action may be taken in relation to any topic listed on the agenda, including but not limited to adoption, rejection, amendment, addition of conditions and variations of options discussed.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations or assistance during this meeting shall notify the CWC's records officer at 801-706-1004 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. TDD number is (801)270-2425 or call Relay Utah at #711.
Blake Perez Executive Director, Administration
Notice of Special Accommodations (ADA)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Lindsey Nielsen at (801) 706-1004, 24 hours prior to the meeting.