Central Wasatch Commission
Board Meeting Agenda
Monday, December 5th, 2022
3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Millcreek City Hall
3330 S 1300 E
Notice is hereby given that the Central Wasatch Commission will hold a meeting at approximately 3:30 P.M., or soon thereafter, on Monday, December 5th, 2022. This meeting will occur both in-person and virtually via ZOOM. The anchor location is Millcreek City Hall. For those wishing to attend the meeting virtually, the public may register for the meeting through the following link. Once registered, meeting attendees will receive an email with a personal meeting access link and a call-in number for those whose only option is to call in.
The public may provide comments to the CWC during this meeting through Zoom or in-person in the Council Chambers at Millcreek City Hall. In-person attendees may fill out a comment card and online participants may either fill out the comment form at the link below or provide comment as a virtual meeting attendee via Zoom following instructions from the Chair. Written public comments received before commencement of the meeting will be either summarized or read into the record by the Chair or a designee. Such comments should be submitted via the following:
Please note: For in-person meeting attendees, masks are no longer required at Millcreek City Hall, but are welcome for any attendees who prefer to continue using them. We will continue to monitor the situation take any reasonable precautions for the public and staff.
Civility and decorum should be applied in all discussions and debate. Difficult questions, tough challenges to a point of view, and criticism of ideas and information are legitimate elements of a free democracy in action. Public officials and the public are encouraged to refrain from making belligerent, personal, impertinent, slanderous, threatening, abusive, or disparaging comments.
3:30 P.M. Opening
1. Chair of the Board Christopher F. Robinson will open the CWC Board meeting.
2. (Action) The Board will consider approving the minutes from the special board meeting from Monday, October 17th, 2022.
3. (Action) The Board will consider approving the minutes of the CWC Retreat from November 10th, 2022.
3:35 P.M. Retreat Follow up
1. CWC Staff will present outcomes from the recent CWC retreat.
2. Commissioners will discuss outcomes and next steps.
3:50 P.M. Committee Updates and Reports
1. The EBAC met on November 21st, meeting minutes included in meeting materials.
Annual housekeeping items need to be completed.
Recommendations for 2023 meetings schedule.
2. Legislation and Land Tenure Committee
Commissioner Mendenhall will update board on current actions from the committee
3. The Transportation Committee met on November 22nd; meeting minutes included in meeting materials.
Commissioner Knopp will present on the work done to date for the BCC MAP.
- Board will receive updates on public outreach plan, goals, and vision.
4:15 P.M. Stakeholders Council Update and Report
1. William McCarvill and Barbara Cameron will provide an update on the activities of the Stakeholders Council.
2. A total of four Stakeholders Council recommendations are before the board
Public Safety Funding for Big Cottonwood Canyon
Recommendation of practical application and fiscal responsibility concerning Little Cottonwood Canyon
7 points of NEPA
4:40 P.M. Public Comment
4:45 P.M. Action Items
1. Consideration of Resolution 2022-42 Approval of the 2023 meeting schedule for both the CWC Board and Stakeholders Council
4:50 P.M. Commissioner Comment
5:00 P.M. Adjourn Board Meeting
1. Chair of the Board Christopher F. Robinson will close the CWC Board meeting.
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING:
At or before 3:30 p.m. on December 2nd, 2022, the undersigned hereby certifies that the above notice and agenda was:
1. Posted at the principal office of the Central Wasatch Commission located at 41 North Rio Grande Street, Ste. 102, Salt Lake City, UT;
2. Posted to the Utah Public Notice Website created under Utah Code Ann. 63F-1-701; and
3. Provided to The Salt Lake Tribune and/or Deseret News and/or to a local media correspondent.
The audio recording and transcript of the meeting will be posted for public review. Members of the Commission will/may participate electronically. Meetings may be closed for reasons allowed by statute.
Final action may be taken in relation to any topic listed on the agenda, including but not limited to adoption, rejection, amendment, addition of conditions and variations of options discussed.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations or assistance during this meeting shall notify the CWC's records officer at 801-706-1004 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. TDD number is (801)270-2425 or call Relay Utah at #711.
Blake Perez Executive Director, Administration
Notice of Special Accommodations (ADA)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Lindsey Nielsen at (801) 706-1004, 24 hours prior to the meeting.