Amalga Town Council
Wednesday July 12, 2023
1. Welcome / Pledge of allegiance. By Dave Lee
2. Roll call David Wood Mayor, Dave Lee Council Member ,Rick Fonnesbeck Council Member, Shantrell Ritter Town Clerk, Eric Dursteler Engineer.
3. Close Public Meeting Motion Dave Wood, 2nd Dave Lee
4. Open Public Hearing
5. Public Hearing Cache County 2023 COG Public Hearing
a. General Concept of Project 5413 N to 5800 N
b. Estimated Cost of Project. 102,100. COG Eligible 100,816
c. Financial Responsibility of Amalga Town if the project is funded is $7,080.
6. Close Public Hearing motion to close Dave Wood 2nd Rick Fonnesbeck open Public Meeting
7. Approve minutes from June Council Meeting with the edit of Changing Dave Hanson to Paul Hanson on closing the meeting.
8. Sheriff's Report
9. 2023 Pioneer Day Celebration report by Rayslyn Larsen
a. Need more help for celebration.
b. 2000 in cash donations.
c. 170 tshirts.
d. Over $1200 in merchandise.
e. Discussion about moving to one day.
f. Committee Leeann Campbell, Megan Diehl, Kristen Allsop, Rayslyn Larsen, Hayley Gump, Colette Dursteler
10. Council Reports
a. Dave Lee had Planning and zoning. Business license for Kenneth Allsop Cache Law. Business license for Remmani Brown, Flowers by Emmy. Discussed with Vince Olague Jr. for a power line to an existing trailer that's been used as a tool shed needed Zoning clearance will not be used as a residence. Also discussed conditions for reopening the event center with Vince Olague Junior No alcohol on the premisses at all, no loud music after 11p.m., parking need to have room for fire truck to pull in and turn around and same thing for an ambulance. Received courtesy letter in regard to Keith Jorgenson property regarding roads to the property over the irrigation canal, we have no interest in the issue.
b. Rick Fonnesbeck did take samples of water. Found out that the reason well 3 has been a problem with the state is that we haven't gotten the samples in on a quarterly. Putting in a new water line in for Schreiber's that won't go all the way by the park until after the celebration. Don't need the household samples until the end of August or beginning of September.
c. Paul Hansen, Park is renting out a bunch. Should be getting the sound system in before the 24th celebration. Curtis Child may not be able to MC the celebration.
11. Mayor's report Going to install a backup pump into well #4. Hoping that in August we can do the chip and seal. Mayor has been spraying two times a week for mosquitos.
12. July 21 Breakfast Assignments
a. Council Meet together one night to discuss assignments.
13. Outstanding citizen of the year beautification award discussion will be discussed at the meeting for breakfast assignments.
14. Cash Disbursements Motion to accept Paul Hanson, 2nd Dave Lee
15. Adjournment Motion to Close Rick Ronnesbeck, 2nd Dave Lee
Notice of Special Accommodations (ADA)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify David Lee @435-881-0552.