TUID REGULAR BOARD MEETING & BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING
Event Start Date & Time
December 15, 2022 06:30 PM
Event End Date & Time
December 15, 2022 07:30 PM
TICABOO UTILITY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT - PUBLIC NOTICE - REGULAR MEETING
DATE: Thursday, 15 December 2022
TIME: 6:30 PM
LOCATION: Electronic Meeting
Pursuant to House Bill 5002, 'Open and Public Meetings Act Amendments,' passed during the 2020 Fifth Special Session of the Utah Legislature and codified under Utah Code Ann. § 52-4-207(4), I, Tom Hill, hereby make the following written determination in my capacity as Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Ticaboo Utility Improvement District warranting the TUID Board to convene and conduct electronic meetings without an anchor location:
Given the ongoing Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, conducting the meeting with an anchor location presents a substantial risk to the health and safety of those who may be present at an anchor location.
Members of the public may participate remotely in the meeting. To participate remotely in the electronic meeting, register in advance for this meeting by visiting our website, www.ticaboouid.com/board-meetings to find a link to register and connect to the meeting.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
1. Call Meeting to Order (Board Chair)
2. Roll Call of Board Members (District Clerk)
3. Adoption of Agenda (Board Chair)
4. Approval of Minutes from: 17 Nov 22; 22 Nov 22, and; 1 Dec 22 (Board Chair)
5. Review procedures for handling electronic participation by the public (District Clerk)
6. Public Hearing - 2023 Budget
a. Enter public hearing to receive public comment regarding the 2023 budget
i. Any member of the public who desires to make a comment shall use the 'raise hand' feature during the Zoom meeting. A Zoom tutorial on how to use the 'raise hand' feature can be found by visiting https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205566129-Raising-your-hand-in-a-webinar.
ii. Upon given the floor by the Chair for comment, the presenter shall state their name for the record. Each presenter is allowed one opportunity and has up to three (3) minutes for public comment.
b. Exit public hearing
7. Board Reports (Board Chair)
8. General Manager & Operations Report (General Manager)
9. Business & Action Items:
a. Review and discuss for approval the following.
i. 2023 Budget - The tentative 2023 budget as the final approved budget following the public hearing.
ii. YTD Financials through Nov 2022
iii. Independent Auditor - An engagement agreement with HintonBurdick to audit TUID's 2022 finances. Estimated expense is $12,000.00.
iv. Accounting and Bookkeeping FY2023 - An engagement agreement with Larson & Company to handle the district's bookkeeping. Estimated expense is $12,000.00
v. 2022 Fraud Risk Assessment - The district's fraud risk assessment for filing with the Office of the State Auditor.
vi. 2023 Annual Meeting Schedule - The set meeting schedule for 2023/2024
vii. Source Protection Plan Review for WS001 and WS002 - As required by the Division of Drinking Water
10. Public Comment (Board Chair) -- TUID welcomes comments from the public. The Board sets aside 15 minutes at each Board meeting to hear from anyone wishing to speak. Each presenter is allowed one opportunity and has up to three (3) minutes for remarks. Any member of the public who desires to make a comment shall use the 'raise hand' feature during the Zoom meeting. The public comment segment of the Board meeting is not the time for a question-and-answer discussion. TUID staff are available for dialogue outside of Board meetings.
11. Closed Meeting -- Pursuant to Utah Code 52-4-205, 'A closed meeting described under Section 52-4-204 may only be held for (a) except as provided in Subsection (3), discussion of the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual; (c) Strategy sessions to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation. (Board Chair)
12. Motion and Roll Call Vote of the members to enter a Closed Meeting (District Clerk)
13. Return to Special Meeting from Closed Meeting. The Chair will announce if there are any action items following the Closed Meeting.
14. Chairman and Trustee Comments
15. Next scheduled regular meeting Thursday, 26 January 2023 @ 6:30 PM
Notice of Special Accommodations (ADA)
NOTICE OF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION DURING PUBLIC MEETINGS
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Chip Shortreed at 435-788-8343.
Notice of Electronic or Telephone Participation
NOTICE OF POSSIBLE ELECTRONIC OR TELEPHONIC PARTICIPATION One or more members of the Ticaboo Utility Improvement District Board of Trustees may participate electronically or telephonically pursuant to UCA 52-4-7.8
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89383808261?pwd=d2t1OC9XenkzS1dqUm54VTlHcXdKdz09 or visit https://ticaboouid.com/board-meetings for the link and additional meeting information.