TICABOO UTILITY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT - PUBLIC NOTICE - SPECIAL MEETING
DATE: Thursday, 1 December 2022
TIME: 6:30 PM
LOCATION: Electronic Meeting
Pursuant to House Bill 5002, 'Open and Public Meetings Act Amendments,' passed during the 2020 Fifth Special Session of the Utah Legislature and codified under Utah Code Ann. § 52-4-207(4), I, Tom Hill, hereby make the following written determination in my capacity as Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Ticaboo Utility Improvement District warranting the TUID Board to convene and conduct electronic meetings without an anchor location:
Given the ongoing Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, conducting the meeting with an anchor location presents a substantial risk to the health and safety of those who may be present at an anchor location.
Members of the public may participate remotely in the meeting. To participate remotely in the electronic meeting, register in advance for this meeting by visiting our website, www.ticaboouid.com/board-meetings to find a link to register and connect to the meeting.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
1. Call Meeting to Order (Board Chair)
2. Roll Call of Board Members (District Clerk)
3. Adoption of Agenda (Board Chair)
4. Review procedures for handling electronic participation by the public (District Clerk)
a. Board Letter to Raymond Golden - Review, discuss and approve a letter to Raymond Golden in response to his letter to the board dated 11/22/22, which was read into the record at a Special Meeting of the board on 11/22/22.
6. Public Comment (Board Chair) -- TUID welcomes comments from the public. The Board sets aside 15 minutes at each Board meeting to hear from anyone wishing to speak. Each presenter is allowed one opportunity and has up to three (3) minutes for remarks. Any member of the public who desires to make a comment shall use the 'raise hand' feature during the Zoom meeting. Detailed tutorials can be found on the Zoom website or by visiting the TUID website www.ticaboouid.com/board-meetings. The public comment segment of the Board meeting is not the time for a question-and-answer discussion. TUID staff are available for dialogue outside of Board meetings.
7. Closed Meeting -- Pursuant to Utah Code 52-4-205, 'A closed meeting described under Section 52-4-204 may only be held for (a) except as provided in Subsection (3), discussion of the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual; (c) Strategy sessions to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation. (Board Chair)
8. Motion and Roll Call Vote of the members to enter a Closed Meeting (District Clerk)
9. Return to Special Meeting from Closed Meeting. The Chair will announce if there are any action items following the Closed Meeting.
10. Next scheduled regular meeting Thursday, 15 December 2022 @ 6:30 PM
Notice of Special Accommodations (ADA)
NOTICE OF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION DURING PUBLIC MEETINGS
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Chip Shortreed at 435-788-8343.
Notice of Electronic or Telephone Participation
NOTICE OF POSSIBLE ELECTRONIC OR TELEPHONIC PARTICIPATION One or more members of the Ticaboo Utility Improvement District Board of Trustees may participate electronically or telephonically pursuant to UCA 52-4-7.8
Public comments may be submitted in writing in advance of the meeting. Please visit www.ticaboouid.com/board-meetings for more information.