TICABOO UTILITY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT - PUBLIC NOTICE - SPECIAL MEETING
DATE: Tuesday, 22 November 2022
TIME: 6:30 PM
LOCATION: Electronic Meeting
Pursuant to House Bill 5002, 'Open and Public Meetings Act Amendments,' passed during the 2020 Fifth Special Session of the Utah Legislature and codified under Utah Code Ann. § 52-4-207(4), I, Tom Hill, hereby make the following written determination in my capacity as Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Ticaboo Utility Improvement District warranting the TUID Board to convene and conduct electronic meetings without an anchor location:
Given the ongoing Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, conducting the meeting with an anchor location presents a substantial risk to the health and safety of those who may be present at an anchor location.
Members of the public may participate remotely in the meeting. To participate remotely in the electronic meeting, register in advance for this meeting by visiting our website, www.ticaboouid.com/board-meetings to find a link to register and connect to the meeting.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
1. Call Meeting to Order (Board Chair)
2. Roll Call of Board Members (District Clerk)
3. Adoption of Agenda (Board Chair)
4. Review procedures for handling electronic participation by the public (District Clerk)
5. Executive Session (Board Chair) -- This session is a work session of the board of trustees to discuss important business matters of the district.
a. The matter of Mr. Shortreed's Severance Agreement -- Review, discuss, and approve the early payout of Mr. Shortreed's agreed upon severance immediately instead of the originally agreed upon after 15 Dec 22.
b. The matter of opening negotiations with Chip Shortreed -- Review, discuss, and approve negotiations by the Board Chair with Mr. Shortreed to remain with TUID for a 6-to-12-month period after his already established separation date on 15 Dec 22, to maintain continuity of operations and administration of the district, but to also assist in the proper transition of management.
c. The matter of beginning recruitment for a new General Manager -- Review, discuss, and approve the General Manager to proceed with the public posting of the vacant General Manager position so that a replacement can be recruited.
d. The matter of transitioning the management and operations of the district to a 3rd party contractor through competitive solicitation pursuant to the Utah Procurement Code -- Review, discuss, and approve the General Manager to proceed with developing a Request for Proposal (RFP) and building a plan for competitive solicitation to be presented to the board for approval.
e. The matter of Ticaboo Resort Management and Ownership Group -- Review, discuss, and approve the General Manager to work with General Counsel in preparing a letter to Ticaboo Resort management and ownership regarding the restriction placed on a public employee to access TUID owned facilities and equipment on Ticaboo Resort property.
f. The matter of Ticaboo Resort No Trespass Warnings -- Review, discuss, and approve the General Manager to issue a 10-day notice of disconnection of services to Ticaboo Resort if they continue to restrict access to TUID's public employee(s).
7. Public Comment (Board Chair) -- TUID welcomes comments from the public. The Board sets aside 15 minutes at each Board meeting to hear from anyone wishing to speak. Each presenter is allowed one opportunity and has up to three (3) minutes for remarks. Any member of the public who desires to make a comment shall use the 'raise hand' feature during the Zoom meeting. The public comment segment of the Board meeting is not the time for a question-and-answer discussion. TUID staff are available for dialogue outside of Board meetings.
8. Closed Meeting -- Pursuant to Utah Code 52-4-205, 'A closed meeting described under Section 52-4-204 may only be held for (a) except as provided in Subsection (3), discussion of the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual; (c) Strategy sessions to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation. (Board Chair)
9. Motion and Roll Call Vote of the members to enter a Closed Meeting (District Clerk)
10. Return to Special Meeting from Closed Meeting -- The Chair will announce if there are any action items following the Closed Meeting.
11. Next scheduled regular meeting -- Thursday, 15 December 2022 @ 6:30 PM
Notice of Special Accommodations (ADA)
NOTICE OF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION DURING PUBLIC MEETINGS
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Chip Shortreed at 435-788-8343.
Notice of Electronic or Telephone Participation
NOTICE OF POSSIBLE ELECTRONIC OR TELEPHONIC PARTICIPATION One or more members of the Ticaboo Utility Improvement District Board of Trustees may participate electronically or telephonically pursuant to UCA 52-4-7.8