Tuesday, August 16, 2022
City Council Meeting
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that the City Council of Spanish Fork, Utah, will hold a public meeting in the Council Chambers in the City Office Building, 40 South Main Street, Spanish Fork, Utah, commencing at 6:00 p.m. on August 16, 2022.
Notice is hereby given that:
-In the event of an absence of a quorum, agenda items will be continued to the next regularly scheduled meeting.
-By motion of the Spanish Fork City Council, pursuant to Title 52, Chapter 4 of the Utah Code, the City Council may vote to hold a closed meeting for any of the purposes identified in that Chapter.
- Electronic Participation: Members of the City Council may participate by phone, zoom, or other electronic means
SPANISH FORK CITY does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in the employment or the provision of services. The public is invited to participate in all Spanish Fork City Council Meetings located at 40 South Main St. If you need special accommodation to participate in the meeting, please contact the City Manager's Office at 804-4530.
1. 5:15pm WORK SESSION -No formal actions are taken in a work session.
A. Curbside Can Ordinance
B. Wells and Surface Irrigation Systems & Discuss Implementing Sewer Code on Base Rates
2. 6:00pm Agenda Items
3. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE, OPENING CEREMONY, RECOGNITIONS
A. Prayer & Motivational Message
B. Pledge, led by invitation
C. Ceremonial Spanish Fork Oath of Office of New Police Officers Logan Brower
D. Ceremonial Spanish Fork Oath of Office of New Fire Fighter/Paramedic Jerry Brown
E. Employees of the 2nd Quarter
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS: In order to be considerate of everyone attending the meeting and to more closely follow the published agenda times, public comment will be limited to three minutes per person; A spokesperson who has been asked by a group to summarize their concerns will be allowed five minutes speak; Comments which cannot be made within these limits should be submitted in writing. The Mayor or Council may restrict the comments beyond these guidelines.
5. COUNCIL COMMENTS
6. CONSENT ITEMS
A. Minutes Spanish Fork City Council Meeting 08-2-2022
B. Emergency Services/off-line Medical Director Service Agreement for Spanish Fork Fire & EMS
C. Cold Springs Rehab - Change Order #4
D. West Interchanges Sewer Trunkline Change Orders 7 & 8
7. PUBLIC HEARING
A. Oberg Annexation
B. Shelly Subdivision Preliminary Plat and Zone Change
8. NEW BUSINESS
A. Emergency Services Consulting International Contract For Fire & EMS Long Range Master Plan Services
B. Second Amended and Restated Interlocal Agreement for Joint and Cooperative Action Creating Mt. Nebo Water Agency
C. Membrane Bioreactor Equipment Pre-procurement Change Order 1
D. Electric Park - Change Order #3
E. Ordinance Adopting Chapter 15.3.28 of the City Code Pertaining to Agriculture Protection Areas
9. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION
10. CLOSED SESSION -The Spanish Fork City Council may temporarily recess the regular meeting and convene in a closed session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property or water; or to discuss the character, professional competence or physical or mental health of an individual as provided by Utah Code Annotated §52-4-205.
A. Land Transaction
B. Reasonably Imminent Litigation
Notice of Special Accommodations (ADA)
SPANISH FORK CITY does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in the employment or the provision of services. The public is invited to participate in all Spanish Fork City Council Meetings located at 40 South Main St. If you need special accommodation to participate in the meeting, please contact the City Manager's Office at 801-804-4530.