MAGNA METRO TOWNSHIP COUNCIL
Meeting Agenda February 22, 2022
8952 West Magna Main Street Magna, Utah 84044
PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Magna Metro Township Council will hold a regular meeting on the 22nd day of February 2022 at the Webster Center, 8952 West Magna Main Street Magna, Utah as follows:
Portions of the meetings may be closed for reasons allowed by statute. Motions relating to any of the items listed below, including final action, may be taken.
Due to continuing concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be held at the anchor location and electronically for members of the staff and/or public that cannot attend due to social distancing or other health reasons. Seating is limited and may be restricted to the Trustees, staff, participants, and limited numbers of the general public. Pursuant to Health Orders, masks may be required, and social distancing maintained. The general public may attend electronically by following the information noted at the end of this agenda. **
6:00 PM - OPEN WORKSHOP MEETING
1. Discussion / Clarification of Agenda Items
2. Discussion of Redistricting Council Districts Map Process [Charlotte Kuhn, SL County Clerks Office]
3. Update on Magna Water Districts Planned Waterline Replacements [Clint Dilley, General Manager]
4. Discuss Ivory Homes Mahogany Ridge Development Plan regarding Pedestrian Navigation and Public Safety Issues [Council Member Eric Barney]
5. Discuss Setting Clear Expectations and Requirements for Committees Formed by Council to Report on Funds Received and Spent (Fourth of July, Magna in Motion, etc.) [Council Member Eric Barney]
6. Discuss Fourth of July Celebration [Kari Duckworth/Lisa Peel]
7. Discuss Magna's Emergency Communication Plan [James Woodward, Emergency Manager]
8. Other Business/Discussion Issues for Future Meetings
9. Close Workshop Meeting
BUSINESS MEETING - (After up to a 10 Minute Break)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. Determine Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Unified Police Department Report [Chief Del Craig]
5. Approval of Minutes
5.1 January 25, 2022 Council Meeting
5.2 February 8, 2022 Council Meeting
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS (Limited to 3 minutes per person)
Any person wishing to comment on any item not otherwise scheduled for public hearing on the agenda may address the Council at this point by stepping to the microphone and giving their name for the record. Comments should be limited to not more than three (3) minutes unless additional time is authorized by the Governing Body.
7. COMMUNITY STAKEHOLDER REPORTS
7.1 Magna in Motion [Kari Duckworth]
7.2 Magna Chamber of Commerce [Fonda Oliphant]
7.3 Pleasant Green Cemetery [Sharon Nicholes/Nunny Nicholes]
8. ACTION ITEMS
8.1 Discussion and Possible Motion to Consider Resolution No. 22-02-05 A Resolution Accepting the 2022 Conflicts of Interest Disclosures for the Magna Metro Township Council [Rori L. Andreason, Administrator]
8.2 Discussion and Possible Motion to Consider Resolution No. 22-02-06 A Resolution Approving the Magna Metro Township Council Rules of Procedure and Order [Rori L. Andreason, Administrator]
9. COUNCIL REPORTS
10. ADMINISTRATOR REPORT
** GoToMeeting Option
Magna Metro Township Council Meetings
Tue, Feb 22, 2022 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM (MST)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (224) 501-3412
Access Code: 299-672-389
Upon request with three (3) working days' notice, the Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District, in support of the Magna Metro Township, will make reasonable accommodations for participation in the meeting. To request assistance, please call (385) 468-6703 - TTY 711.
A copy of the foregoing agenda was posted at the following locations on the date posted below: Magna Metro Township website at www.magnametrotownship.org and the State Public Notice Website at http://pmn.utah.gov . Pursuant to State Law and Magna Ordinance, Councilmembers may participate electronically. Pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 52-4-205, Parts of Meetings may be Closed for Reasons Allowed by Statute.
POSTED: February 21, 2022
Notice of Special Accommodations (ADA)
Upon request with three working day's notice, Salt Lake County will provide free auxiliary aids and services to qualified individuals (including sign language interpreters, alternative formats, etc.). For assistance, please call (385) 468-7130 - TTY 711. The Public May Attend.
Meetings May Be Closed For Reasons Allowed By Statute.