- Help & FAQs
- A brief description that identifies the grouping or type of revenue or expense to which the transaction was recorded.
- Contract Description
- A brief description of the nature of the contract between the vendor and the entity. This description may be helpful when looking up a contract on an entity's purchasing website.
- Contract Number
- The number assigned by the entity which identifies the specific contract between the vendor and the entity. This number may be helpful when looking up a contract on an entity's purchasing website.
- Describes each of the governmental units such as the State of Utah, a higher education institution, or other political subdivision that are required by statute to participate in the transparency initiative.
- Entity Transaction ID
- The document number by which the transaction is tracked in the entity's accounting system.
- Fiscal Period
- An accounting period of 12 months. The State of Utah entity operates on a fiscal year basis running from July 1 to June 30 each year. Local entities may have a fiscal period the same as the State of Utah or a calendar year period.
- A self-balancing set of accounts recording assets, liabilities, and equity. A fund is used to segregate financial information for carrying on specific activities or attaining certain objectives. For the State of Utah entity, most individual funds are created by statute, although a few were created for administrative accounting purposes. At the highest level, funds for the State of Utah are grouped by fund type according to governmental accounting standards.
- Defines the way an entity is organized functionally, starting at the top level and drilling down to lower levels. Each entity defines its own organizational structure. For example for the State of Utah entity, the top level of organization represents agencies and departments. The second level of organization represents the line item of appropriation (legislated spending authority) and the third level represents each program within the line item of appropriation.
- Posting Date
- The date the transaction was recorded within the entity's accounting system.
- Calculates the total of the amounts returned by the website for a particular search.
- Transaction Description
- Describes the nature of the transaction.
- Transaction Detail
- Specific information pertaining to each transaction including amount, vendor, fund, category and organization.
- Transaction Type
- Transparent.utah.gov contains five types of transactions: Expense or monies spent from government coffers; Revenue or money received by the government entity; Employee Compensation showing salary and total employer paid benefits related information by specific employee; Stimulus Expense or monies spent under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA); and Stimulus Revenue or monies received under ARRA.
- For the Expense transaction type, this isthe name of the business or individual the entity paid. For the Revenue transaction type, this is the name of the business or individual who remitted money to the government entity. At this time, the State of Utah and most local entities are not displaying Vendor/Payee/Customer names for Revenue transaction types due to privacy concerns.
- Website Upload Date
- The date the transaction was loaded into the transparent.utah.gov website.
Please note that the data contained on this website is raw, unaudited, and unconsolidated data and therefore will not tie out to any audited or printed financial statements. Also, this website does not contain information that is considered private or protected by state or federal law.
Certain Independent Entities listed in Utah Code 63E-1-102 are not included on this website. Click "View all Disclaimers" below for the list.
View all Disclaimers