Lt. Governor Greg Bell, Chief Election Officer for the State of Utah
Thursday, Sept. 16, 2010
Utah State Capitol
Capitol Board Room
Lt. Governor Bell will be unveiling Utah's new state-of-the-art Voter Information and Outreach website. The new site is designed to offer Utah voters a unique, user-friendly and educational experience, while also providing a number of new services and features for voters.
The Lt. Governor will demonstrate some of the site's exciting new features and preview upcoming TV commercials to promote the website.
The new website provides access to features never available before, like:
- Information and a link to the state's new online voter registration services
- Information on early voting, including a wait time option now available during early voting
- The ability to sign-up for text/email alerts to provide reminders on where and when to vote as November's election draws nearer
- Information on Utah's still-new voter ID requirements, mandatory for all voters
- A countdown to Election Day, information on candidates and issues, sample downloadable ballots and more.