Promote public policies which lead to private sector job growth
"The role of government is to empower the private sector - to create a stable and predictable business environment, and to stay off your backs and out of your wallets."
- Governor Herbert
Call to Action: Accelerate private sector job creation of 100,000 jobs in 1,000 days.
Objective 1: Strengthen and grow existing Utah businesses, both urban and rural.
Objective 2: Increase innovation, entrepreneurship and investment.
Objective 3: Increase national and international business.
Objective 4: Prioritize education to develop the workforce of the future.
- Reduce the tax burden on Utah's employers and spur new hiring by reducing the unemployment insurance rate.
- Assist the growth of companies in rural Utah by extending the Business Expansion and Retention program to all rural counties.
- Double exports over the next five years by increasing outreach and technical assistance to Utah companies to expand international markets.
- Align public sector job training and placement efforts with private sector demands and workforce needs.
- Increase the number of Utah start-up companies by improving access to seed funding.
- Develop a world-class, one-stop-shop for business resources by revamping the structure, collaboration, and service delivery statewide.
- Continue to recruit new companies to the state and market Utah as the "best place for business".
- Ensure a vibrant business environment and maintain Utah's AAA bond-rating through continuous regulatory reform and fiscally prudent management of state government.