Filing date for State School Board closes tomorrow
Mar. 19, 2014
SALT LAKE CITY – (March 19, 2014) In addition to candidates for many federal, state and county offices, the filing deadline for seven positions on the Utah Board of Education ends this Thursday, March 20, at 5:00 p.m. School Board Districts that have open seats are:
- District 1 - Box Elder, Cache, Rich & Morgan Counties
- District 2 - Ogden and surrounding communities
- District 3 - Tooele and Juab Counties and the West Valley City area
- District 5 - Davis County and Rose Park
- District 6 - West Jordan and Taylorsville area
- District 9 - Northern Utah County
- District 14 - Central and South-Eastern Utah
A list of district boundaries is located at http://elections.utah.gov/maps/district-maps.
A list of candidates who have filed for State School Board positions is found at http://elections.utah.gov/elections-resources/2014-candidate-filings.
If you have any questions about the filing process please call the Elections Office at 801.538.1041.