Governor Huntsman Announces Transportation SummitNews Advisory
October 12, 2005
- Utah Governor Jon M. Huntsman, Jr.
- Utah Lt. Governor Gary R. Herbert
- U.S. Senator Orrin G. Hatch
- U.S. Senator Robert F. Bennett (Keynote Speaker)
- U.S. Representative Chris Cannon
- U.S. Representative Jim Matheson
- U.S. Representative Rob Bishop
WHEN: Friday, October 14, 2005 8:30a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Davis Conference Center 800 West Heritage Park Blvd., Layton
WHY: Utahns are driving an increasing number of miles each year, but the State's transportation infrastructure is not keeping up with population growth or vehicle miles traveled. The Governor and Lt. Governor hope to bring important leaders together from around the State of Utah to discuss these transportation issues, offer ideas to manage them, and ultimately, move forward with resolve.