Sep 08 2005
Lt. Governor Leads Delegation to TexasNews Release
September 08, 2005
Group to Study Transportation Projects in Preparation for Summit
- Lt. Governor Herbert
- House Speaker Greg Curtis
- State Senator Sheldon Killpack
- State Representative Joe Murray
- Three UDOT Officials
When: Friday, September 9th and Saturday, September 10th
Where: Austin, Texas (see attached schedule)
Why: Texas has implemented some state-of-the-art transportation initiatives. Utah officials hope to learn more about these initiatives as they plan for the Transportation Summit.
Schedule of Events
Friday, September 9, 2 p.m.
Transportation Private-Public Partnership Meeting,
TxDOT Offices: Greer Building, 125 E. 11th Street, Austin
- Texas' Transportation Vision: Ric Williamson, Texas Transportation Commission Chair
- FHWA Perspective: Dan Reagan, Regional Administrator
- Why Tolls? The Immediate and Long-term Value for TxDOT's Funding Program: James Bass, TxDOT Chief Financial Officer
- Why Public-Private Partnerships?: Phil Russell, TxDOT Turnpike Division Director
- The Texas Perspective, National Trends and Lessons Learned: Geoff Yarema, Nossaman Guthner Knox & Elliott
- How to Build a Successful Legislative Consensus: Rep. Mike Krusee, House Transportation Committee Chair
Saturday, September 10, 8 a.m.
- Tour SH 45/Loop 1 toll facilities currently under construction. Discuss toll technology.