Jul 15 2011
SALT LAKE CITY - Just after 2 p.m. today, Governor Gary R. Herbert issued a proclamation convening the Utah Legislature in a Special Session to address six legislative issues and confirm appointments. The session, to be held next Wednesday, July 20, at 2 p.m., is scheduled for a regular legislative interim day.
"The items on the call are generally minor housekeeping items, some of which are time-sensitive," the Governor said.
Those items include:
1) requirements for the Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission's evaluations,
2) Alcoholic Beverage Control Act issues,
3) amendments to the Insurance code,
4) a concurrent resolution addressing a federal balanced budget amendment,
5) Prison Relocation and Development Authority Act amendments, and
6) special service district bond issuance.