Doing a School Report on Utah? Here are some sites that can help:
- The Utah History Encyclopedia
- The first complete history of Utah in encyclopedia form, consisting of 575 articles and over 200 historic photographs.
- A fun way to find information about Parks & Recreation resources, Zoos & Museums, Education, Health Resources, Information about Utah, and information for Parents about safety.
- Kids Search Tools
- This kid-friendly search area includes selected sites, screened sites for kids, sites for teachers and kids, and strictly fun sites.
- Historical Society - History for Kids
- If you're looking for facts about Utah, this is the place to look! This site contains everything from dinosaurs to state symbols, geography to the Utah Encyclopedia. You can research information here and print it out from school or home.
- Research Resources
- The Utah State Historical Society's research collections include a variety of materials, totaling almost one million items. These materials cover all aspects of Utah's social and cultural history from the 1840s to the present.
- The Utah State Historical Society's Education Web site provides historical information for both students and teachers.
- Capitol Hill Kids
- Find activities and games designed to appeal to children's interest to learn and have fun.
- The White House for Kids
- This is the official site where kids can learn about the history and traditions of the White House.
Follow the links below and learn the fascinating history of our state symbols.
More Helpful Resources
- Just for Utah Youth:
- A web site for Utah Youth. Specific info for foster youth.
- Utah Mentor
- Utah Mentor is an online resource to help students and their families select a college, apply for admission, and plan to finance higher education.
- Users may browse Schoolbug.org and retrieve information on any public school in the United States.
- Utah Education Network
The Utah Education Network offers a variety of educational services in addition to coordinating distance learning within the state.
Elementary school children learn math concepts or learn Utah history with the help of instructional television. High school students take advanced classes via satellite or interactive television and do their homework over the Internet.
- Utah's Electronic High School
- UEH provides access to distance-education classes for students who wish to make up lost credit, take courses not offered at their school, or even additional courses to accelerate graduation.
- Utah's Struggle For Statehood
- This online exhibit tells the story of Utah's 50-year struggle to achieve statehood using the wealth of documents, photographs, and memorabilia held at various Utah repositories.
- K-12 Educator Resource Center
- The Utah Education Network created this Web site exclusively for K-12 educators. You will find education tools, activities, lesson plans, curriculum guides, and professional development opportunities.
- K-12 Student Resource Center
- This site is designed to help K-12 students locate educational web pages, activities, materials, UEN delivered courses, and more.
- UDOT Kids Page
- Learn about how roads are constructed, who is in charge of them, and how you can be safe while traveling on Utah's freeways and streets.