Utah.Gov is the state's gateway to interactive government services. Through Utah.Gov, citizens, businesses, government agencies, and employees of the state can complete dozens of interactive transactions to help save time and effort in daily life. Designed to help those who interact with the State do so in an easy, "friction-less" manner, Utah.Gov is a central point for multiple services and agencies and was created with the "user" in mind.
History of Utah.gov
Born in 1999 as eUtah.org, Utah.Gov has experienced dramatic growth in use by Utah businesses and citizens since its inception. After deploying the Web site in September of 1999 with just one online service, the portal has added over 100 new services in just under six years. Utah.Gov currently processes approximately 400,000 transactions each month and that number continues to climb.
The Utah.Gov portal is managed by a private Utah company (Utah Interactive, LLC) in partnership with State and local government and is part of a State initiative to bring government services to citizens via the Internet. Through Utah.Gov, online users can renew their vehicle registrations, file and pay business taxes, buy hunting and fishing licenses, register a business name, perform UCC filings, download official forms, search Utah companies, send a Utah "e-card," and access hundreds of free government information sources. By constantly adding new time saving, cost-effective services, Utah.Gov has become one of the most frequently visited sites in the State and is establishing a reputation as one of the premier Government Service Portals in the country.
Utah.Gov is transforming the relationship between Utah citizens and their government - by establishing a new community of online government services that provide citizens and businesses with the information and services they want - in the way that makes sense for their needs.
Our goal at Utah.Gov is to make dealing with the Government online, easy, and intuitive. Subsequently, we have "packaged" the government services and information into life-event groupings so they are easy to find. For example, if you are a business owner in Utah and are looking to change your name, simply click on the "Business" link in the left-hand column where you can access information on how to change the name of your business. Once in the Business section, you can also post job openings in Utah's Job bank, download tax forms, renew your business license, and find relevant tips for doing business in Utah.
Our "Residents" section groups a wide variety of information and services for citizens who reside in the Beehive State. From cultural information to transportation to a newcomer's guide, this section offers easy access to relevant information and services for every resident.
- Improve the quality of life for both citizens and businesses
- Offer government services and information in a simple, "frictionless" manner
- Organize government information and services around the lifestyle needs of citizens and businesses
- Provide easy access to online taxes, licenses, and forms
- Improve government process both internally and externally through the intelligent use of technology
- Improve communication, security, and the time required to complete a service
- Improve the economy of the State of Utah
- Develop an Internet-based infrastructure which makes business and government interactions more efficient
- Create technology that reduces the need for expensive labor and time-intensive services and leverages economies of scale
- Promote the State of Utah to prospective employers and citizens as a progressive and great place to live and work
- Showcase the quality and usability of Utah technologies as part of the Utah.Gov site and infrastructure
- Streamline state government
- Create economic and managerial incentives for state agencies to deliver information and services electronically
- Implement government-wide infrastructures to support electronic delivery of information and services
- Employ the rapid communication and personalization tools of the Web to get more work done faster, cheaper, and more efficiently